Of Gold Ingot Wontons

It rained throughout the whole day on my birthday! Why? I spent most of the day lazing around on my bed because the whether is so nice and comfy. :) Anyways, part of my morning was spent on making these gold ingot shaped wontons... Aren't they cute?


Another unique way of wrapping wontons. Do try them!

gold ingot wonton

I'm still learning really hard on my photography skills.
Lol... I only have a compact digital camera!

gold ingot wonton

Below: This is a bowl of 'birthday noodles'.

birthday noodles


There's a really funny story behind this bowl of birthday noodles. Hehe... I found out that my bowl of noodles was a little tasteless. So, I added more salt, soy sauce, pepper and a tad more sambal (chilli paste) to 'enhance' the flavour. It only tasted a little better but still, there isn't a hint of sweetness in the soup. Well, I said to myself, "Nevermind, I'll just eat up the noodles and not drink the soup." After eating, my mum went over to the kitchen stove to check on the remaining soup that was in the pot. Lo and behold! She realised that the so called "soup" that she had scooped into our bowls is the water that is used to blanch the vegetables and noodles! I could only stare at my bowl of noodles in despair as she was laughing non-stop on her mistake. Hehe... so much for 'soup'.

Ah... here's a simple recipe of my wonton filling. I'm an ametuer in cooking, so don't scold me if I did something wrong. Hmm... I don't usually measure the amount of seasoning used... I do it by instict. :)

Ekoy's wonton filling:

Main ingredients:
... ground pork/chicken
... prawns
... waterchestnut
... spring onions/scallions
... shiitake mushrooms; diced
... black fungus
... finely chopped garlic

Seasonings:
... oyster sauce
... soy sauce
... salt & pepper to taste
... sesame oil (2-3 drops)
... corn flour (to make the fillings stick together)
... 1 egg (optional)


Ja! Hope you enjoy the recipe! Do tell me if its good. :)

0 comments: